Tuesday, September 8, 2009

The Topsy -Turvy Project

OK - I'm skurd!!!!! I have a project due early October. It's a Topsy-Turvy cake. What's topsy turvy? Well - it's like oh, I don't know, The Grandmother of all cakes!!!!!!!! Think tea-party scene in Alice and Wonderland or Dr. Seuss balancing a whole bunch of ill shaped - non-proportionate stuff on a cane - THAT'S a Topsy-Turvy.....when it looks like it's all gonna just tumble and fall!

It's an archiectual conquest so to speak - EEEEEEEEEEEKKKKKKKKKKK!!!!!!!!!! But I'm brave! I can do this. That or I found a crack-pipe somewhere! Can someone please tell me WHY I decided that I wanted to be a pastry chef again, I forget! I'm heading into Ace of Cakes territory - OH MY GAWD!!!!!! Who can make cakes like him?! No one but HIM - that's who! LOL

I realize that I am rambling - so please forgive my rant. But if you hear cries - or see chunks of hair - you'll know - it's me.

As skurd as I am of this latest challenge, I'm also SO very excited to see how it will all turn out. I mean seriously, this is a cake of epic proportion (in my mind anyway). I won't make light of it, it's a challenge. Back in June I made a cake that looked like an ashtray and cigars. That wasn't too difficult, but I also knew after I had done that, that it would open me up to other architectual challenges. Well - here it is! That was a cupcake in comparison! It will take me about a week to complete - yes a week!

The design hasn't been done yet, but sparing you ALL of the details, each component of the project takes significant time. The embellishments MUST be done way in advance so they can dry and the final day will take me about 5 hours to complete - give or take a couple of hours. Fondant has to be dyed and that takes a bit of time to do.

OK - I actually feel better having vented! Thanks for reading :-) Trust me - there WILL be more posts of topsy-turvy rant over the next several weeks. I'm REALLY looking forward to completing this project and I will definetly post pics :-)

Yours covered in fondat!

2 comments:

  1. I have all the confidence in the world that this will be a masterpiece and am so sure you will do an exquisite job! I can hardly wait to see the pictures!

    Love you,

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awwwwww Thank You! I can feeeeeel the love! :-)

    ReplyDelete